Dressing Up for Halloween at the Office — Dos and Don’ts
Are you going to be dressing up at your office for Halloween? It’s a great way to bring fun and creativity to the office. Here are a few dos and don’ts.
I’m a fun-loving gal and will be dressing up as a ‘sexy-mommy pirate’ — it’s nothing special, I just toss on a black and white dress and tie a red ribbon around my head — simple and sexy!
Take a look at our dos and don’ts”
1. Dress up — you know you won’t be the only one!
2. Even if you the boss, dress up — studies show employees like when their bosses do this.
3. Have food. Workers always like some sort of treat at the office.
4. Ask early if you can leave to go trick-or-treating with your kids. Most companies nowadays are very family oriented and will let a little hooky slide.
5. Even if you have a busy day planned, take time to share in some candy corn and conversation that revolves around the spirit of the day.
1. Dress inappropriately — you’re still a professional.
2. Assume you can leave early to go trick-or-treating — it doesn’t hurt to ask, you’ll most likely get a “Yes!”
3. Celebrate Halloween by playing games in the office — while some pranks are fun, we have to remember to be professional.
4. Forget to actually do your job — it is what you are really there for.
5. Be a Scrooge and be miserable about the holiday. Enjoy the festivities with your co-worker — it’s only one day.
Are you dressing up at work? Leave us a comment as who or what you’re going as.