Seven Tips On How To Beat The Summer Heat – Without Freezing Yourself In Carbonite
Although we are experiencing a cool-down here in West Texas, it won’t be long before we are back into tripple digit temperatures. Here are seven tips to help you cool down, though a couple may seem counterintuitive.
1. Get out the hot salsa. Spicy foods actually like salsa, peppers, etc., speed up your metabolism and makes you sweat, which in turn, cools you down.
2. Keep your lotion in the fridge. That way, when you put it on, it will keep you cold for a while. It’s also great for helping take the burn out of sunburn.
3. Cook your meals outside. If you have an outdoor grill, cook on it instead of heating up the house.
4. For bedtime or naps, put your mattress on the floor. Since heat rises, the closer you get to the floor, the better it will feel. You should also put your fans on the floor and angle them upward.
5. Eat frozen yogurt instead of ice cream. Yogurt has a higher water content than ice cream, so it’s better for keeping your body temperature down.
6. Take off your shoes. Once you have let your feet ‘breathe’ you notice a quick drop in temperature.
7. Lick your wrists. Monkeys lick their wrists when they’re hot. It works for humans too. Of course, you COULD just run them under cold water for 10 seconds. Of course it’s more fun if your partner licks them for you…but then you’ll have to cool off again!
If you have some other tips to keep us cool, post them below!